Large Easter eggs are made of extruded polystyrene foam
- Minimal water absorption. Closed cells are completely impermeable to liquid.
- Low thermal conductivity.
- Frost resistant.
- Rot-proof, and mold resistant.
- High compressive strength.
- Light proof and safe for people.
- Resistant to aggressive minerals – alkalis, mineral acids (except concentrated nitric and hydrochloric acids).
- Does not emit any harmful substances – Safe, biologically neutral.
The base is a metal frame treated with a liquid putty and primer to give the outer structure strength. The work is completed by painting with two-component acrylic paint.